Would you like to try out some of your singing or playing ideas in a supportive environment? Would you like to perform a short piece and receive immediate feedback on how you can improve how you delivered it? Would a one to one session where you can bring a specific question about your voice or playing be of help to you?
On the 9th November, we will be having a workshop for females to help you improve your playing and singing music, but not only that: you will also have the opportunity to perform a short piece and receive immediate feedback from our supportive and experienced panel on how you can enhance your performance. Also, you can book a one to one clinic to help you improve a specific area of your voice or playing.
The day will cover:
- 5 tips for owning the stage.
- Unlock your singing ear to understand what the band is doing and what you can sing on top to improvise your solo (vocalists only).
- Try out ideas with your instrument and receive guidance on how to play Funk, Gospel and Latin rhythms to enhance your performance (musicians only).
- Get personal feedback on how to make your performance a memorable experience in our ‘Open Mic Feedback’ session. There are only 8 slots available, first come, first serve. Must be booked by 31st October.
- The possibility to book a 1:1 Vocal, Saxophone or Production clinic on a specific topic of your choice. This will be available between 4.30pm and 5.30pm at £15 plus the workshop day price. Only three slots available, first come, first served! Must be booked by 31st October.
- Opportunities of networking. Reflection. Prayer. Lunch and refreshments included.
– Vocal Clinic: Abigail Kelly (Vocal Coach and International Operatic Soprano)
– Talk, Vocal Improvisation Class and Sax Clinic: Millicent Stephenson (Multi-Award winning Saxophonist)
– Musicians Jam session and Keyboard or Production Clinic: Noval Smith (Producer and Musician)
– Open Mic Panel: Abigail Kelly, Cynthia Fearon (Music Director), Noval Smith & Millicent Stephenson
Things to keep in mind:
– Bring your instruments, and if you need an amp, bring that too.
– Bring your device if you are booking a 1:1 Production clinic with Noval Smith.
– You are welcomed to wear you stage outfit for your Open Mic slot.
Early bird £40 before 12th Oct
£45 Standard by 8th Nov
£50 on the door.
Clinic price £15 additional.
NTCG, 10 Goosemore Lane, Erdington, Birmingham, B23 5SA. Free Parking.