As other question in our evaluation form revealed, Cafemnee workshops allow our members to unwind, relax and re-energise, to experiment and learn new techniques, and of course, to make new friends. But what do they take home from the workshop? We wanted to know what goals and challenges emerged from the dynamics of the day, and how the teaching and collaborating that took place could influence the routines and views of the attendants. These are some of the answers they provided:
- Take every opportunity that presents itself to play.
- Use musical apps as suggested / Transcribing various artists.
- Make more eye contact when playing / Smile when playing / Perform more (not be afraid to).
- Work on my circle of fifths / Open my eyes when playing.
- Have conversation with band members in terms of stage presence.
- When learning a song, focus on the rhythm/melody rather than the words.
- Work harder.
We surely hope these changes make a positive impact on our members’ confidence, stage presence and skill. And, of course, we are not going to leave them alone in the process! 2020 comes with more workshops and opportunities of improvement. Stay tunned~