The situation of musicians in the UK is critical. According to the Musician’s Union COVID impact poll of 2020, almost 40% of them are not eligible for government support due to design flaws in the aid programmes; a similar percentage is considering leaving the industry, and an alarming 88% considers the government has not done enough.
This could change if Chancellor Rishi Sunak includes the concerns of the music industry in his Budget speech, which will be delivered tomorrow. Here you have some options to reach out to him:
Share your message for Rishi Sunak on social media:
- If you’re on Twitter, retweet this video with your message to Rishi
- If you’re on Instagram, share this post with your message to Rishi
- Not sure what to say? Take a look at the examples in our Instagram highlights for inspiration.
Write to Rishi Sunak at the Treasury:
- Take a look at our short template letter for inspiration and add your story
- Use the Treasury’s dedicated email to contact the Chancellor firstname.lastname@example.org
We have a few hours left, let’s not keep quiet!